Corporate day out at the Iconic 2012 Olympic Velodrume
hub42 presenting an exclusive and limited offer for
Corporate day out at the Iconic 2012 Olympic Velodrome
INSPIRE A GENERATION
INSPIRE YOUR BUSINESS IN THE GOLDEN ARENA
A unique and challenging way to inspire your staff, clients and business partners through the provision of limited corporate days at the iconic London Velopark.
The London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games promised to “inspire generations” and deliver an enduring legacy for people from all communities and of all abilities. The opening of Lee Valley (London) Velopark marks a significant landmark in fulfilling this pledge.
Why CYCLING is the new golf
The shared experience, well being, and challenge of cycling make it the best group networking forum. After all, the recent Vodafone/Verizon deal was conjured on a bike ride the 2 CEO’s were on.
Cycling lends itself to easy conversation!
The Velopark features four disciplines:
- Graded MTB trails and
- An incredible one mile road circuit with swoops, bridges and tour de France silky smooth tarmac.
All 4 are available for a corporate day consisting of over 50 for the Velodrome event.
Velodrume WOW facts
- 2500 workers involved in the construction
- Worlds fastest track made of 56km of Siberian pine, fixed in place with 350,000 nails. A team of 26 specialist carpenters installed the track over 8 weeks
- Track will be maintained at 28 degrees C
- 6000 capacity seated. A 360 degrees concourse, ideal for catering, divides the seating layers
- 2km of ventilation ductwork, 5,5km of mechanical pipes and 4.2km of water pipes
- Double curved cable net roof with 16km of cabling and covering 5000sq m took 8 weeks to lift in place
- 48,000 cubic metres of material excavated to create the bowl for the velodrome, with 900 piles driven 26metres below
- Almost 100% naturally ventilated with rain water directed for irrigation and loos
- Curved steel structure made up of 2500 steelwork sections
- Unlike most velodromes, the track centre will be clear of other activities making it a blank canvas forum for corporate events
- Worlds most iconic biking venue
The London Velodrome Corporate day out
The closed arena environment of the Velodrome, with close access to the City and unique off track activity gives a high ROI:
- A focus on corporate well being, health and nutritions
- Meeting and competing with clients/staff/partner channels
- Corporate Social Responsibility component, linking your company to a specific social cycling orientated project (funding for local schools to ride and gain work experience)
- Unaffected by the weather
- Inclusive format for both novices and experienced cyclists
- Networking focused – all guests will know each other by end of the day and have shared memory that long outlast the day itself catalysing business relationships
- Track centre becomes a partner or product exhibition area (blank canvas forum for corporate events)
- Sets up an exclusive “save the date” annual challenge for your business
- Enthuses cycling to work, competition and team work
- Full branding package
- The event is for up to 50 riders
- Limited availability – only 20 dates for 2014
Guests arrive at the £100m Velopark at 9 am, catching the first sight of the Theatre of Gold. The reception overlooks the steep banking and guests soon recall the glory of The London Olympics 2012 as they have a healthy breakfast, receive customised cycling T-shirts, musette, water bottles, timetables, badges and more.
Each team is made up of 2 riders who devise their team name, have their own customised cycling T-shirts and are given numbers.
After the briefing and introduction to the coaches, guests head to the track centre and a short impactful London 2012 video about the Olympic track that brought Team GB 7 of the 10 available Gold medals is played to inspire riders.
Each training session lasts 45 minutes as riders soon get to grips with the bikes and track. Meanwhile the other guests meet and compete in the track centre village of challenges and products. The centre is tailored to your business’ requirements and can include:
Watt Bike Challenge
Nutritionist and Well Being Talks
Pro Bike Mechanic Talks
Pedal powered Scalextrix
Raleigh Chopper Trials
Channel partners displays/ products
CSR Community Project area- linking your company to specific community projects
Guest pro rider ( who also rides a demo 250 metres)
Other depending on the wishes and company interests, including extra team building activities
At the end of the training session each rider is timed and the time is added to his/ her team mate for the afternoons Cup, Plate, Shield Competition. This ensures that any rider of any ability has the chance to be on the podium in this fast flowing format.
A healthy buffet lunch is provided in the track centre with long tables to maximise the networking.
Additional guests may arrive for lunch to meet clients or staff and watch some of the afternoons races. There will be plenty to talk about as the day builds and builds from that initial anticipation overlooking the tracks steepness at breakfast!
The teams are briefed over coffee for the “Last Rider Standing”.
6 riders are placed at intervals on the track and as a rider is caught he drops out until the last rider is left. This ensures everyone gets plenty of track time. The music pumps and the commentator lifts the atmosphere.
Based on the morning’s times, the grid is available for the Cup, Plate, Shield. Riders help their team mates for the 250metre (one lap) pursuit race against another team on the opposite side of the track. Photos of each rider are taken at speed, framed and available at tea.
These races build to the Finals, followed by tea, cyclists cake, prize giving and group photos. However you may choose the black tie dinner or informal drinks option for a full rock and roll evening, arranged along side or after the racing either trackside or on the mezzanine level or at a different London venue.
What they say:
“What a great day! Congratulations on making such an innovative and fresh event. The Velodrome format was excellent and provided a lot of entertainment, competition and networking opportunities”
“A great event that was really well organized with lots of networking opportunities”
“A great way to connect and network with people. A thoroughly enjoyable physical challenge event and I would recommend if you are looking for a novel way to get close to customers or colleagues. I will remember this day for a long time to come.”
“The velodrome is the most unique venue for hospitality, conferences, exhibitions and product launches – the fact that it is the Olympic Velodrome makes it incredible!”
“The most enjoyable and friendly event I have ever attended whether corporate or personal”
“Thanks for a brilliant day yesterday, it was exhilarating, exciting and exhausting all rolled into one. As a corporate day it certainly works.”